Apex Cabinet Company was founded in 1952 by Vernon “Bobby” Cox, a uniquely skilled craftsman who started by building specialty furniture and cabinets. This was the beginning of one of the largest cabinet manufacturers and distributors in the fledgling Research Triangle Park region of North Carolina.
Everything from custom kitchen and bath cabinetry, bookcases, fireplace profiles and mantels to entertainment centers were at some time manufactured by Apex Cabinet Company.
Originally located at 112 N. Ellington St. (below left), Bobby Cox soon realized that to keep up with a growing populus he would need a much bigger and better operation. In 1964, Apex Cabinet Company moved down the road to 835 Hwy 64 where Bobby built a very large facility (below center) that the company would remain in until 2003, when we moved to our current address at 1051 Schieffelin Rd. in Apex.
112 N. Ellington St – 1954
Bobby during construction
of Hwy 64 location
Bobby in cabin
he custom built in 2013.
The company today